Frequently asked questions…
The app seems unresponsive, what should I do?
- Press the home button to exit the app. This returns you to the iPhone's home screen.
- Double click the home button. This will bring up a row of apps. These are apps that the iPhone currently has open.
- Swipe until you find the Vector outage app.
- Swipe up on the Vector outage app. This closes the app.
- Click the home button. This returns you to the iPhone's home screen.
- Click on the Vector outages icon to launch the app.
- If you still continue to have problems please email email@example.com
- From the home screen, locate and press the "Settings" icon.
- From the list of settings, locate and press the "Applications" option.
- Select the "Manage Applications" option.
- Click on the "Running" option tab. This will display all applications currently running.
- Select the Vector app.
- Tap on the "Force Stop" option.
- Click on the home button to return to the home screen.
- If you still continue to have problems with app then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What data charges are associated with using the mobile website or app?
You will require a 3G/4G or wireless connection. Data charges may apply as per your service plan. Please contact your phone service provider for any questions regarding data usage charges.
What kind of information will I receive regarding an outage?
Once you have clicked on an outage and hit ‘subscribe' for updates, you will receive all status updates related to that outage as push notifications. You will also receive information about outages in areas you have bookmarked in a similar way.
Which mobile phones are supported?
The minimum supported hardware is any smartphone running Android 2.2 or above, any iPhone 4 or above running iOS 5.0 or above.
Who do I contact if I have suggestions for enhancements to the app?
You can email email@example.com, we welcome your input.
How often is outage information updated?
The outage map is automatically refreshed every three minutes. Any new information will be displayed after each refresh. You can also force a manual refresh by selecting the refresh symbol.
Is this a complete list of all outages on your networks?
The outage app is a list of current unplanned outages that we are aware of and that involve more than 20 customers. If you’re experiencing an outage and it does not show then please let us know by reporting it to us.
Android device not working?
Some android devices need to be restarted in order to add push notifications.