Vector is committed to ensuring that we handle personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
The information that Vector collects from individuals is held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and in particular, the Privacy Principles contained in that Act. Vector may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including via consumer promotions, surveys and recordings of customer service, credit control, sales and other telephone calls.
We may use it for the following purposes:
- confirming your identity;
- supplying customers with energy and any other products or services they have requested;
- administering customer accounts; credit checking and debt collection;
- improving our customer service, including monitoring and following up queries and complaints;
- improving our online services and website;
- informing you or contacting you regarding our products, brands, special offers, publications and other promotions we think you may be interested in;
- commissioning a market research company to carry out a study on our behalf;
- carrying out Vector's responsibilities, including complying with a requirement in accordance with the industry switching rules and/or reconciliation rules;
- enforcing Vector's rights under its contracts with customers, or its arrangements with the customer's energy retailer or metering company;
- enabling an organisation to pay a benefit to a customer (eg a Vector rebate);
- enabling the Auckland Energy Consumer Trust to make distributions and conduct elections.
Security of your information
Vector takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for legitimate business purposes.
Disclosure of your information
Vector will not disclose or distribute any personal information without the consent of the person concerned or within the limits contained in the Privacy Act. In order to fulfill the purposes listed above, Vector may disclose your information to (but not limited to) the following:
- agents who are responsible for carrying out on Vector's behalf any of the purposes' listed above
- credit risk assessment agencies / debt collection agencies
- Vector's legal and financial advisors
- Your energy retailer, distributor or metering company
- mail houses
- market research companies
- related Vector companies
- Auckland Energy Consumer Trust
Destruction of your information
Vector takes all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is disposed of once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
Access to your information
You may request an inspection, update or correction of the personal information we hold about you, or lodge a complaint, by contacting Vector’s Privacy Officer
. Alternatively write to us at Vector Limited, PO Box 99882 Newmarket, Auckland.