Vector is leading the transformation of the energy sector to create a new energy future; identifying and developing options that will provide value, choice and service for our customers throughout New Zealand and deliver sustainable shareholder returns.
- We are New Zealand's largest distributor of electricity and gas, owning and operating networks which span the Auckland region
- We have installed over 15,000 new electricity and gas connections in 2020
- We have planted more than 26,735 native trees and shrubs through Vector's Urban Forest Initiative
- 119,000 advanced meters were installed in Australia in 2020
- Through Vector Communications we build, monitor and maintain our own fibre network for businesses who demand fast, reliable and secure data networks
- We have a strong record of health, safety and environmental leadership, and a focus on diversity and inclusion
- More than $100 million is distributed annually to the beneficiaries of Entrust (formerly the Auckland Energy Consumer Trust)
- We are one of the largest New Zealand companies on the NZX
Creating a new energy future
Visit our vision & values page to find out more.
We’re winning awards
Vector is regularly in the spotlight, being recognised for industry, safety and culture achievements alike:
- Vector wins the Supreme Award at the 2020 Diversity Works Award for our commitment to building an inclusive and supportive workplace culture.
- Vector wins the Supreme Award at the 2019 Diversity Awards NZ, following wins in the Empowerment and Diversibility categories.
- OnGas Bottle Swap plant at Papakura wins Health and Safety initiative of the year at Deloitte Energy Excellence Awards
- Vector Lights wins the Marketing Communication Award for Public Relations at the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand Awards
- Vector wins the Revolutionising Energy award at the Sustainable Business Network Awards for a project with Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei property investment arm Whai Rawa to install a networked system of solar panels and battery storage on the 30 home Kāinga Tuatahi housing development
- Our Glen Innes substation, including a grid-tied battery, was highly commended in the Technology Solutions category in the NZ Innovation Awards
- OnGas wins Workplace Best Initiative to Address a Health Risk at the New Zealand Health and Safety awards
- OnGas wins 'Best Gas Provider of the Year' award at the Roy Morgan Research Customer Satisfaction Awards, 2016
- Vector wins the Most Innovative Solution trophy at the 2015 Sustainable Electricity Association of New Zealand (SEANZ) awards for the Future of Energy campaign
- Vector wins the Tomorrow’s Workforce and Supreme awards at the Diversity Works NZ Diversity Awards, 2015
- Vector wins the Safe Vehicles category at the Brake Fleet Safety Awards
- Vector reaches the finals at the SafeGuard New Zealand Workplace Health & Safety Awards in the category WorkSafe New Zealand best initiative to address a health risk